Okla. cop charged with assaulting 8 black women; NAACP seeks hate crime charges
An Oklahoma City police officer was charged Friday with raping or sexually abusing eight black women, and the NAACP is asking the U.S. Justice Department to file hate crime charges.
Officer Daniel Holtzclaw, 27, was charged with 16 counts, including first-degree rape, sexual battery, forcible oral sodomy, indecent exposure and stalking, ABC-affiliated KOCO-TV reported.
Mr. Holtzclaw is accused of raping at least two women while on duty and forcing several women to expose themselves and perform sex acts to keep themselves from being arrested.
The alleged victims, all black women, ranged from ages 34 to 58. Police suspect there may be more.
Anthony Douglas, president of the Oklahoma NAACP, told KOCO they plan to ask the U.S. attorney general to review the case and elevate the charges to hate crimes.
Friends and family say Mr. Holtzclaw is a victim of false accusations.
A Facebook page called “Justice for Daniel Holtzclaw” has more than 500 supporters. A GoFundMe page under the same name has raised more than $7,300 from nearly 40 donors for Mr. Holtzclaw’s legal fees.
“Daniel Holtzclaw will be vindicated, and will prevail,” the page states.
Why are you so angry about JLaw's nudes being leaked? I thought you didn't like her.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
Within the last two months, Eric Garner, 43, unarmed, was killed on July 17 by NYPD officer Daniel Pantaleo who placed him in an illegal chokehold while questioning him for allegedly selling untaxed cigarettes; John Crawford, 22, unarmed, was shot and killed on August 5 by two Ohio police officers, David Darkow and Sean Williams, in Walmart after he was spotted holding a toy rifle; 18-year-old Mike Brown, unarmed, was gunned down by Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson while walking with a friend in his neighborhood; and Ezell Ford, 24, who was also unarmed, was shot and killed by unnamed officers in the LAPD on August 12.
In the wake of these tragic events and renewed intense conversations surrounding police brutality against Black men, a video of police in Boynton Beach, Florida threatening to “put a round” through four Black men during a routine traffic stop has emerged and begun making the rounds on social media.
One of the occupants in the video records the interaction, even after the officer tells him to stop, to which he responds:
No, I have rights. I’m not intimidated. I have rights.
Sir, I’m recording your ass. What the f*ck you going to do?
B**ch, you’re on camera. What the f*cks wrong with you. Stupid ass cracker.
The driver of the car repeatedly asks the officer who stopped them for his badge number. The officer provides his name, but not the number, prompting the driver to attempt to take a picture of his badge. The officer slaps the phone out of his hand, pulls him from the car and places him face down on the ground.
That’s when another officer, presumably his partner or back-up rushes to the window, gun drawn, and says:
“I’ll put a round in your ass so quick,” with his weapon threw the window pointed directly at the men.
(Watch the Video Here) (Photo Credit: AmericaWakieWakie)
NYPD beat up and arrest teenage girl and her brother in Times Square for no reason.
FUCK. THE. POLICE.
RACIST ARMED THUGS.